Thursday, September 07, 2006

Some of the finer points of Portales


When I drove into town, I saw feedlots, junkyards, and a lot of run down houses. Since Portales seems a little slum-like, I thought there might be more grouches than this sign claims.



When I drove up to the courthouse, it seemed nice enough.



But then there was the SMELL. The only way I can describe it is a combination of urine, bird crap and chemicals. Then I noticed the jailbirds cleaning up the courthouse grounds. Cleaning up the dead birds. See all the feathers? The whole lawn surrounding the courthouse is like this. That is not right.



This lovely art is showcased within the courthouse.



And this is the sink that is in the records room. My only question is: where is the toilet?



Muffler Galaxy, home of muffler art.



2 comments:

mad said...

Holy crap. Dead birds on the lawn is definitely not a good sign. Maybe the number of grouches in town has been reduced because the others died!

pineapple said...

Good point. That place is too toxic for living things.