Thursday, August 09, 2007

So close, yet so far away

Georgetown, Texas
August 4, 2007

Cactus Pryor used to do these radio commercials for Gold's Department Store in Georgetown and one of it's selling points was that it was "just a conversation away." Back when those ads were running, there was actually pasture land between Austin and Georgetown. It was a nice drive. Now it is just bad traffic and strip malls. It isn't a conversation away anymore, just road rage and stress. Two cheers for progress. My friends were in town and wanted to go to Inner Space Cavern so I drove them up there. Once you get to Georgetown, it isn't a bad place even if you have to drive through Round Rock to get there from Austin.

Back in the day, Georgetown was covered in cow poop because The Chisholm Trail went through the heart of town.



I don't know what this building is, but I took a picture because I thought it was cool.



And because anytime I go to the county seat, I take pictures of the courthouse. Old habits die hard.






2 comments:

mad said...

Hey, does this mean you're still looking for a job?

pineapple said...

yep.