Friday, November 03, 2006

A shout out to Master Officer Brooks!

Last week when I was in Houston, I had a blow out on I-10 during Friday afternoon traffic. I got very lucky, my tire exploded right before an exit. Right after I pulled all the way over on the access road, a cop pulled over a speeder. After he issued the ticket, he came over and called me a "friendly wrecker". I had never heard of it, but the wrecker comes and the guy changes your tire for free. Not that this Pineapple can't change a tire, but it was a lot cleaner to have someone else do it. I'm not going to turn down the offer to have someone else change my tire. Anyway, while we were waiting I got to talking with Master Officer Brooks. This man, even though he was an Aggie, was a lot of fun. When I told him I was from Austin, he said, "Don't tell me your one of those tea sippers." I replied, "alright, I wont tell you." After we had been chatting for a while he commented on all the rubberneckers. He guessed they were wondering if I was going to get arrested. Then he said, "If that wrecker doesn't get here soon, I'm going have you frisk me and give these people something to think about." I almost fell over laughing. Could you imagine seeing that as you were driving home on a Friday afternoon? Unfortunately, the friendly wrecker showed up then. Oh well. Maybe next time. Thanks for all of your help, Master Officer Brooks. You helped me out of a tight spot and made a crummy situation fun.

p.s. I never did get a chance to take a picture of that tire, but it was a sight because it was completely destroyed...

2 comments:

mad said...

It's nice to hear there are some nice smokies out there.

pineapple said...

Even if they are Aggies